Saturday, February 17, 2007

Meals for the Family -

Saturday 2/17 thru Friday 2/23

It's a huge relief to Marilee that she can focus on herself and the children without needing to worry about preparing or purchasing healthy meals. If you can, please help us fill out this schedule. Leave a comment, and I'll update this post as needed. I'm in the process of creating a Google calendar and will transfer the information to that format as soon as possible.

Grant loves chicken (chicken with rice soup, to be precise!), chili, pasta, and lasagne. At one time or another we have all enjoyed the Brooks' wonderful hospitality, so you know that Marilee loves healthy foods. If you have an idea of what you'll be bringing, please include it in your comment so that we can vary the menu. Here's the schedule so far:

Saturday, February 17th
LUNCH - Leon Family
DINNER - Not needed

Sunday, February 18th
LUNCH - Chris Wallace
DINNER - Montes/Wadhams Family

Monday, February 19th
LUNCH - Mottern Family (chili/corn muffins)
DINNER - Adams Family (lasagna/salad)

Tuesday, February 20th
LUNCH - Boesch Family
DINNER - Peck Family

Wednesday, February 21st
LUNCH - Sauers Family (chicken & rice soup, salad)
DINNER - Larios/Lynch Family

Thursday, February 22nd
LUNCH - Gelman/Turner Family
DINNER - Deluca Family

Friday, February 23rd
LUNCH - Druyan/Stuart Family
DINNER - Aguirre Family

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

the adams family can do chips/sandwiches for lunch and some lasagne/salad for dinner on the 19th.

Anonymous said...

Connie Larios & Jim Lynch will bring dinner for Monday night (the 19th). We will bring pasta and a salad.

ver said...

Thanks Melinda! I received an e-mail from another family who wants to do lunch on the 19th, so go ahead and plan on dinner only. You rock.

ver said...

Connie and Jim, thanks so much but the 19th is taken care of. If there's another day that works for you, please leave another comment or e-mail me at vmontes@aol.com. Thanks again!

Unknown said...

The Peck family will bring dinner on Tuesday Feb. 20th.

ver said...

Thank you Ellen!

Unknown said...

The boesch family would like to bring lunch on Wed., Feb. 20th. she couldn't figure out how to write in, so I am doing it for her. thank you for organizing all of this.
Ellen Peck

ver said...

Thanks again Ellen! I put them in for Wednesday 2/21...

Unknown said...

Can I change the boesch family to lunch on Tuesday instead of Wednesday. I am sorry.

ver said...

No worries! Made the change. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Veronica -
I was a close business colleague of Todd's and just getting to know Marilee and the kids and really think they are terrific. If its appropriate to help despite the fact that we were just getting to know each other, I would really like to. I can come by for the evening support on Wednesday or Thursday, and we'd be delighted to come by and throw some good stuff on the barbeque for lunch or dinner on Saturday the 24th - you just let me know what help is most needed as you work the calendar.
Best,
Nina

Anonymous said...

Since I will be staying Fri. night 2/23, if the Aguirre family wants me to bring dinner and they could bring lunch, that's fine with me. Either way is o.k.

Lara said...

We would like to bring lunch over on Friday if that is still needed. Let me know, and we will do it. It will either be a Mexican polenta pie or sandwiches/chips.
Thanks for doing this.
Lara Druyan and Tom Stuart

ver said...

Thank you Nina! Saturday dinner is covered (thank you everyone!), but I will be in touch.

ver said...

Thank you Lara! I put you down for lunch on Friday.

Unknown said...

Veronica, You are wonderful for doing this blog. I see the week has already been filled. I can do lunch or dinner for the next week if you are continuing it. I organized meals for a close friend last year and sometimes it got overwhelming having so much food around. Some of it had to be frozen because there were always so many leftovers from previous days. I can do any lunch or dinner, just let me know.
Thanks, Judy Herrera

ver said...

Thanks so much Judy. We're going to get started on the following week's schedule soon, so I'll check in with you in a bit.

Anonymous said...

Veronica,
I am a friend of Marilee and Todd's from St. Matthews. I would like to deliver a lunch or dinner for Marilee and the children. What are the next days/evenings that need covering? Amy amy44@pacbell.net

Anonymous said...

We are neighbors of Marilee's on Hillcrest road, and would love to bring a dinner on APril 18th if that works for her...Maria Bower

ver said...

Hello Maria! We've adjusted the schedule as follows:

Sundays - St. Matt's Family
Tuesdays - First Pres. Family
Thursdays - Neighborhood Family

The next open Thursday is May 3rd. Will that work for you? Please e-mail me at vmontes@aol.com to let me know. Thank you!